If you think you could benefit from Beam’s services, and meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- You are homeless, at risk of homelessness, or have been homeless in the past year
- You have the right to work in the UK
- If you have a history of drug or alcohol addiction, you must have a minimum of 12 weeks’ abstinence*
- You don’t have any severe sexual and / or violent criminal convictions
- You can provide two references from trusted sources**
*Beam does not exclude individuals with a history of drug or alcohol addiction or problematic usage and generally looks to see a minimum of 12 weeks' abstinence before an individual is ready to join. Beam is also very happy to work with homeless individuals staying in "dry hostels" and who are in recovery.
** You need to provide two references from trusted sources. One of these is the referrer, usually a homelessness charity, or your housing officer at the council. The other reference could be from a responsible individual such as your GP, the manager of a homeless hostel, a social worker or Jobcentre Plus work coach.